NICO Staff, Unmi Abubakar, Inducted as CIPAG Fellow
By Genesis ogiri
ABUJA — Unmi Abubakar, a staff member of the National Institute for Cultural Orientation (NICO), has been inducted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Administration and Governance (CIPAG).
Abubakar was inducted at a ceremony held on Saturday at the Nigeria Merit Award House, Maitama, Abuja, which attracted distinguished administrators, professionals and experts in public administration and governance.
The ceremony, which recognised professional development and excellence in public service, provided an opportunity for participants to emphasise the importance of continuous learning and capacity building among public-sector professionals.
Speaking with Newsway Africa after the induction, Abubakar expressed delight over the fellowship, describing it as a significant milestone that would support her career progression and enhance her professional capacity.
She said the knowledge gained from the process would be put to practical use in her official responsibilities.
“I have learned a lot, and I will impact what I have learned in my office,” she said.
Abubakar added that the fellowship would further motivate her to improve her professional performance and contribute meaningfully to effective public administration and governance.